Monday, November 16, 2009

Heart Purity

I will be reprinting Frances Roberts brief devotional thoughts here that I have found so helpful on my journey the past 6 months or so. I hope you find them a blessing! It is from his daily journal entitled "Come Away My Beloved"

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

It is not in grieving over your sin that they are forgiven. My forgiveness is in constant operation and you need only to accept it. The cleansing of your heart and the restoration of your joy depends upon your full confession and willingness to repent and to renounce your sin. Excercise your soul toward the achievement of heart-purity. Until this work is acomplished (and maintained), you will not have inner peace.

Seek my face in repentance until you have yielded to Me all that distresses you.

(from Come Away My Beloved)

No comments:

Post a Comment